We, at Carolina Boxer Rescue are devoted to aiding displaced, abused and neglected purebred Boxers. It is our goal to give these dogs better, happier and safer lives in loving forever homes. Considering that our rescues have already in many instances had less than a stellar life, we ask the following questions to help us better understand our applicants and the reasons they desire a Boxer. We hope you understand it is not our intention to invade your privacy, only to insure the best possible match between our dogs and adopters.
By completing the following adoption application you agree to our policies and acknowledge that:
- CBR may turn down your application for any reason
- An initial home visit will be required if references are good and criteria is met.
- If you have an unaltered pet in your house a detailed explanation as to why your pet has not been neutered or spayed before processing will begin.
- If you have a new puppy or dog in your house we will require you wait 6 months before adopting another dog.
- CBR will present you with good matches for your home. The list may not include the dog you are most interested in but you have the right to reject our choices. The dogs presented will be those whose personality, energy level, habits and temperament will make the best match. We want to make you happy as well as the dog.
- CBR does not prefer to do same-gender adoptions but depending on the current adopter's dog and foster dog we will allow. Please research the breed to learn more about same-gender aggression problems between a Boxer and another dog of the same gender living together.
- CBR strongly recommends having a fenced in yard before applying if you occupy a single-family home with a yard. Townhouses, condos apartments are excepted.
- Carolina Boxer will not adopt out of the Carolinas with exception to certain areas in Virginia.
- Adoption Fee Scale: From $200 - $450 depending on age/breed (mix or purebred)
0 mos - 1 year $450
1 year 1 month to 6 years $300
7 years + $200
Mixed boxers of any age $200
IMPORTANT: If you are not 100% committed to adopting at this time, we ask that you please not submit an application. Additionally, should something arise after you have submitted an application that will prevent you from adopting immediately, please email us as soon as possible. Please advise your references that we will be calling. We will make a reasonable attempt to speak with your references. If we cannot reach them, then we will not be able to proceed with processing your application. If you plan to move in the near future, please know that your homevisit will not be done, nor will you know if you are approved, until you are in your new residence. Please allow 2-3 weeks for application processing. Applications are screened on a first-come-first-process basis and are processed as time permits. Everyone in the rescue volunteers their time and most have full-time jobs